Proskauer’s multidisciplinary Life Sciences Group brings together the critical skill sets and experience to create and grow life sciences companies, protect inventions, obtain intellectual property rights, raise capital and negotiate and execute strategic deals.
We represent early-to-later-stage companies developing new medical technologies, investors in their strategic transactions, universities and other academic or research institutions in realizing commercial value from the innovation of its faculty and research staff, as well as mature pharma and biotech companies in filling their pipelines or spinning off technologies. The myriad connections we have in this sector allow us to help clients grow their businesses by gaining access to financing, technology, partners and markets.
Working with clients at each stage of their development, our lawyers handle any challenges along the way. Whether raising capital, negotiating licensing agreements or terms of a sale or fighting back patent challenges, our team is equipped to help life sciences companies meet their business goals.
- Crisis management
- Development and maintenance of patent pools
- Development, marketing, promotion and distribution deals
- Growth and exit strategies
- Hatch-Waxman and other FDA regulatory cases
- Internal investigations
- Patent litigation and dispute resolution
- Patent prosecution and portfolio development
- Restrictive covenants
- Sale of companies or their technologies
- Technology transfers