January 14, 2019 (NEW YORK) – Proskauer was recognized by Law360 in its 2018 Practice Group of the Year awards in the Hospitality category. The award honors the law firms behind the major deals and wins that resonated throughout the legal industry in the past year.
Additionally, partner Jeff Horwitz was recently named a Hospitality MVP by Law360. As co-head of the Firm’s global hospitality practice, Jeff has made hospitality a principal focus of his work for nearly 35 years and has an unparalleled understanding of the industry.
Proskauer’s Hospitality Group has advised on a number of deals this year, including AccorHotels in its acquisition of an 85% stake in 21c Museum Hotels, its agreement to invest $319 million in sbe Entertainment Group and its cooperation agreement with CTrip; and Empire City Casino on its agreement to sell its racing and gaming property and operations to MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) for $850 million in cash and MGM stock; and Alleghany Capital Corporation in its acquisition of a majority interest in Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company, a leading third-party hotel management and development company; and Formosa International in the sale of a 51% stake in the Regent Hotels and Resorts brand to InterContinental Hotels Group for US$39 million and an option for the sale of the remaining 49% for an amount “projected to be no more than US$100 million.”
Proskauer’s hospitality lawyers are at the cutting edge of the legal and commercial trends transforming the industry, and regularly work with clients on innovative strategies as they expand their operations. We are one of the only law firms to have senior partners with extensive experience in hospitality transactions on the ground in the U.S., Europe and Asia, which provides our clients with seamless global coverage.