June 25, 2019 (BOSTON, NEW YORK, LOS ANGELES) – IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners has recognized Proskauer’s Patent Law Group in New York and Massachusetts, as well as eight partners in California, Massachusetts, and New York. IAM Patent 1000 identities the top firms’ patent professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe. Their extensive research is based on market intelligence gathered through interviews with attorneys at law, patent attorneys, and in-house counsel.
In Massachusetts, IAM Patent 1000 ranked the Boston office for litigation and recommended it for prosecution and litigation. The Firm’s Boston’s office was praised for its, “substantial growth in the life sciences domain” which is “an important thread of Proskauer Rose’s recent narrative.” In New York, the Firm was ranked for being “potent in litigation, meticulous in prosecution and ultra-commercial in transactions.”
The following lawyers were also recognized individually for their contributions and skill in their fields:
- Steve Bauer (Massachusetts: Litigation): “has a well justified reputation for being assertive but also for being fair, which he is hugely respected for.”
- Joe Capraro (Massachusetts: Prosecution, Transactions): “a beacon for many emerging technology entities and start-ups.”
- Fangli Chen (Massachusetts: Prosecution): “steps into the shoes of her clients and works hard to get to the bottom of complex problems before coming out the other side with satisfying business resolutions.”
- Daryn Grossman (New York: Transactions): “In demand for her industry knowledge and decisive negotiation skills”
- Sige Gutman (California: Litigation): “showing the rest of the market how to litigate biologic drug cases” who “is currently acting for Shire to sharpen its competitive edge and defend patents protecting its top biologic product.”
- Ken Rubenstein (New York: Transactions): “When it comes to SEP matters and pools, everyone tries to imitate him, but nobody can duplicate him – he’s a true pioneer.”
- Jim Shalek (New York: Litigation): “Head of the patent group” he “is also forward thinking about litigation and trial team efficiency”.
- Baldo Vinti (New York: Litigation): “focuses on establishing clear trial themes and targets the discovery effort on gathering the evidence that will be needed at trial” and “does not engage in wasteful action”.