Lauren Boglivi is the co-head of Proskauer’s global Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Group. Through her extensive transactional experience, Lauren is a leading lawyer at the forefront of some of the most industry-defining M&A matters, in particular in media and entertainment and the growing US gaming industry. In working with influential and high-profile media giants, Lauren has worked extensively on transactions that structure and shape the way media content is viewed and accessed around the world.
Lauren’s recent deal activity includes:
- Represented Blade Urban Mobility, Inc. in its announced $825 million de-SPAC business combination with KSL Capital’s SPAC - Experience Investment Corp.
- Represented Public Interest Registry (PIR), which was established by the Internet Society in 2002 to manage and operate the .ORG domain, in $1.135 billion sale to Ethos Capital, which was terminated by mutual agreement.
- Led the Proskauer team that advised Empire City Casino, one of the largest gaming facilities in the U.S. and one of only two facilities licensed to operate video lottery terminals in the New York City metropolitan area, in its $850 million sale to MGM Resorts International.
- Represented media giant Discovery in a variety of matters that have made headlines around the world, including its acquisition of Golf Digest, one of the world’s leading golf media brands, from Condé Nast, and its $2 billion strategic alliance with the PGA Tour. This alliance created GolfTV, a first-of-its-kind international OTT platform and gives Discovery global multi-platform live media rights outside of the U.S. for all PGA Tour events.
- Advised Discovery in the $120 million sale of approximately 90% of the ownership of its Discovery Education business to Francisco Partners, a private equity firm.
Lauren has been recognized as a “Sports & Entertainment Trailblazer” by the National Law Journal and was named an Elite Dealmaker by Variety and a Top Lawyer by Cablefax.