Lauren Boglivi is the co-head of Proskauer’s global Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Group. Through her extensive transactional experience, Lauren is a leading lawyer at the forefront of some of the most industry-defining M&A matters, particularly in the health care, media and entertainment, and gaming industries. Lauren advises both private and public companies, including private equity sponsors and family offices, in their most critical and complex deals.
In working with influential and high-profile media giants, Lauren has worked extensively on transactions that structure and shape the way media content is viewed and accessed around the world. Lauren has been recognized as a “Sports & Entertainment Trailblazer” by the National Law Journal and was named an Elite Dealmaker by Variety and a Top Lawyer by Cablefax.
Lauren’s recent deal activity includes:
- Represented media giant Discovery in a variety of matters that have made headlines around the world, including its sale of Great American Country Network, its acquisition of Golf Digest, one of the world’s leading golf media brands, from Condé Nast, its $2 billion strategic alliance with the PGA Tour, its spinoff and equity investment in Curiousity.com, Sale of Discovery Education business for $120 million sale to Francisco Partners, a private equity firm
- Representing Ethos Veterinary Health, one of the industry’s most innovative veterinary organizations, in its pending acquisition by National Veterinary Associates (NVA), a leading global community of nearly 1,200 veterinary hospitals.
- Represented WestMed Medical Group, a multispecialty medical practice of nearly 500 physicians and advanced care providers and 1,500 clinical employees located in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT, in its combination with Summit Health, a company formed by the merger of CityMD and Summit Medical Group. Summit Health now includes more than 2,500 providers, 12,000 employees and over 340 locations in NJ, NY, CT, PA and central OR. Summit Health is a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus.
- Represented Blade Urban Mobility, Inc. in its $825 million de-SPAC business combination with KSL Capital’s SPAC - Experience Investment Corp.
Read More >
- Represented Hearst’s healthcare subsidiary, Homecare Homebase, in its acquisition of CellTrak Technologies, a leading provider of care documentation software solutions in the personal care market.
- Represented Hearst Magazines in its sale of Marie Claire U.S. to British media company Future.
- Represented Harren Equity Partners, LLC in connection with the sale of its portfolio company, Health Connect America, Inc., to Palladium Equity Partners V, L.P.
- Represented Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in the launch of a national management services organization (MSO) formed with an investment from Revelstoke Capital Partners.
- Represented Public Interest Registry (PIR), which was established by the Internet Society in 2002 to manage and operate the .ORG domain, in $1.135 billion sale to Ethos Capital, which was terminated by mutual agreement.
- Led the Proskauer team that advised Empire City Casino, one of the largest gaming facilities in the U.S. and one of only two facilities licensed to operate video lottery terminals in the New York City metropolitan area, in its $850 million sale to MGM Resorts International.