A Warm Welcome for Diverse 1L Students in Second Annual 'Home for Holidays' Event
In January 2016, as part of Proskauer's second annual "Home for the Holidays" celebration, our New York, Boston and Los Angeles offices welcomed diverse 1L students from a broad range of law schools across the nation to mark the completion of their fall semesters. These festive events are part of a firm-wide effort to cultivate a community of future diverse and talented Proskauer lawyers.
In the three hosting offices, many Proskauer lawyers, including members of our Diverse Lawyer Network, took part in the events to offer insight about the practice of law and Firm life in general. In Boston and Los Angeles, attending students included many incoming 2016 summer associates. Boston office head Joe Capraro and associate Kevin Nolan welcomed the Boston students, while partner Doug Frank and associate Bali Kumar welcomed the Los Angeles students. Bali and Kevin are the co-chairs of Proskauer's Black Lawyer Affinity Group.
In New York, students met and mingled with many Proskauer people, including several New York summer associates. Senior counsel Evandro Gigante, co-chair of the Firm's Hispanic and Latino Lawyer Affinity Group, told the students about his personal experience at the Firm. Chairman Joe Leccese also took part in the event, welcoming students and talking about his Proskauer experience.
Students attending the New York and Los Angeles events also had an opportunity to meet members of the Firm's Alumni Board of Directors. Ron Palmese, the general counsel of Shake Shack, joined in the New York reception, while Naseem Sagati, managing director and senior associate general counsel at Ares Management, attended in Los Angeles. Ron and Naseem met students and talked about their career paths and the influence of their Proskauer experience.
Events like this ensure that Proskauer builds a deep bench of talented diverse lawyers and helps us communicate our commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our hope is that these students will make meaningful connections that will help them envision themselves having a flourishing career here.
Or browse by section:
- A Warm Welcome for Diverse 1L Students in Second Annual 'Home for Holidays' Events
- Mentoring Circle Program: Relationships to Sustain Greater Diversity
- In LA, Mock Interviews Give Teens a Marketing Edge
- Proskauer-HBO Team Ignites Students' Interest in Law, Career Opportunities
- Alumni Spotlight: Eugene Holmes From Detroit to Disney – and the Value of the Proskauer Experience
- High-powered "After Obergefell" Panel Explores Impact of Supreme Court's Marriage-Rights Decision
- Black Lawyer Affinity Group: Exploring Society's Most Complex Challenges
- Proskauer Women's Alliance: Spreading the Message of Malala Yousafzai