In June, Proskauer's Los Angeles office hosted mock interviews for more than 40 teens from five Boys & Girls Club chapters, helping them practice their interview skills while receiving immediate, valuable feedback.
Partner Glen Lim helped to organize the event after asking Boys & Girls Club leadership what the firm could do to help beyond financial support. The volunteers included 64 Proskauer team members, a client from Tennenbaum Capital Partners, overtime donated from Novitex and free parking for the students from ABM Parking Services.
"It was a total team effort," Glen says, "Everyone participated – reception, word processing, secretaries, office managers, lawyers, summer associates and paralegals."
Each of the participating clubs selected teens from their College Bound programs to attend the event. Proskauer created a mock job description for the participants who went through two rounds of interviews, which included feedback from their Proskauer interviewers. The interviews were followed by a pizza party for the students, during which the Firm raffled off four L.A. Dodgers game tickets.
Or browse by section:
- A Warm Welcome for Diverse 1L Students in Second Annual 'Home for Holidays' Events
- Mentoring Circle Program: Relationships to Sustain Greater Diversity
- In LA, Mock Interviews Give Teens a Marketing Edge
- Proskauer-HBO Team Ignites Students' Interest in Law, Career Opportunities
- Alumni Spotlight: Eugene Holmes From Detroit to Disney – and the Value of the Proskauer Experience
- High-powered "After Obergefell" Panel Explores Impact of Supreme Court's Marriage-Rights Decision
- Black Lawyer Affinity Group: Exploring Society's Most Complex Challenges
- Proskauer Women's Alliance: Spreading the Message of Malala Yousafzai