The LGBT Affinity Group is a resource open to all lawyers who assist the firm in recruiting, retaining and developing talented lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender ("LGBT") lawyers. Representatives of the LGBT Affinity Group also serve on the firm's Diversity Steering Committee and the Associate Council. Our goals include:
- raising awareness within the firm of issues of concern to the LGBT community and in particular issues and challenges affecting LGBT lawyers;
- serving as a resource for LGBT issues and as a point of contact between the firm and the LGBT community at large, including coordinating pro bono opportunities for the firm;
- increasing the visibility of LGBT lawyers to members of the firm;
- creating and fostering informal mentoring relationships to support the professional development of LGBT lawyers and summer associates;
- partnering with the firm to identify opportunities with LGBT clients and client initiatives within the LGBT community; and
- partnering with legal recruiting to identify ways to promote the firm with LGBT law students and lateral hires and to act as a resource for legal recruiting to refer LGBT candidates during their decision-making process.
For more information on our professional and community outreach efforts, please review our LGBT information sheet.
Events and Sponsorships:
ACLU Presentation by Joshua Block
ACLU LGBT and AIDS Project
Empire State Pride Agenda
Gay Men's Domestic Violence Project
New York City Bar Pride Reception
Out & Proud Corporate Counsel Awards
Services & Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Elders